Thursday, March 17, 2011

Loving Where You Live - A Feeling

I love the calm streets we live on. The feeling I get when we go out for a stroll. The way I walk a little more confidently and a little more proud because I belong to a community where I don't feel ashamed or like an outcast because I'm a mom pushing a jogging stroller. I'm thankful for the huge sense of mommyhood that Midtown offers. The passerbyers who are quick to say hello, compliment your parenting style, offer advice or encouragement.


 I am thankful for the way her big browns light up when I ask if she wants to go for a walk. I am thankful for the slow but steady pace of our streets because I can let my little one walk her own path, exploring every rock, leaf, or petal sprinkled on the ground.


So thank you, Midtown, for making my experience as a mother a good one.


 
 

No comments: