Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fill in the blank Friday

 
1.   The best deal I've ever gotten is: Wolfgang Tilmans's Burg. I bought it at a discount book store in Riverside for something like $5. His photography is stunning. It saddens me to admit that I lost it in one of the moves. If anyone happens to have an extra copy and wants to "sell" it to me for less than the Amazon used book price, you know where to find me... ;)

2.  If I were hosting a dinner party and could invite people from my fantasy guest list it would include: I have a feeling that this list will quickly turn into one of all my secret celebrity crushes... next question...

3.  Something that inspires me is: my mother- she gives and gives and gives and never expects anything in return. It's her best quality. She is amazing. Also my MIL. She, as well, is amazing. She always challenges me to want more, to strive for better, which is good from time to time since I'm always okay with what I have. My daughter- her innocence is beautiful. Being outdoors- seeing the world for what it is, taking in its richness and depth and realizing that I am part of something bigger. That inspires me. 
4.  If I could only choose to eat one flavor of food for the rest of eternity (sweet, salty, spicy, bitter....) I would have to go with: Right now, I would say spicy. I've been on a really big spice kick lately. Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably retract my answer and default to sweet. I've got a total sweet tooth!

5.  I dream about: finishing college, maybe getting my master's degree. Living in Mexico. Being bilingual. Spending Summers eating authentic Mexican food while Lola ran around in her huaraches (those leather Mexican sandals), playing with cousins she didn't even know existed. Yes, she would spend her Summers indulging in the richness of her childhood and I would spend mine stuffing my face!

6.  My weekend will be spent: working, primarily. Hopefully spending quality time with P, maybe watching a movie. Shopping for a new pair of Toms. Snuggling up with Lo. 

7.  If I could only  watch one movie or TV show for the rest of my life, it would be: Something visually stimulating. Maybe Amelie. I would pick something that was really detailed so I could spend eternity scoping out new little hidden treasures. I would have to be guaranteed that I wouldn't end up hating it though.

No comments: