Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bring it on, paint!

I always feel like I don't know what I can and can't do with Lola as far as art projects go. I was reading Kelle Hampton's, "October" post and was inspired!

Something beautiful happens when Lola paints. It could be how animated she becomes or the eardrum busting sounds of excitement that come spewing out of her little mouth. Or it could be all of the above, embraced by the sweet arms of innocence.
 Painting with Lola is a hassle, I'm not going to lie. She gets paint everywhere and I have to keep an extra careful eye on Miss Sneaky because she always, always, always tries to eat the paint. It is a challenge for me to let go of the reins and get in the back seat when art time rolls around. But allowing Lola to go wild and explore her  independence with the medium is the only way she will truly grow with confidence. Her painting skills and control with the brush have really improved and she is showing promising signs of being the next Georgia O'Keefe! And in setting her free, something truly magical is bound to happened every time.


 Like I said, Miss Sneaky! 
Yes, I decided to snap the photo rather than stop her.


These are the same big browns she gives me every time it's time to clean up.

After a good coat of varnish and the twist of some green pipe cleaners...the finished product!


No comments: