Thursday, April 08, 2010

My Little Lola Pie is Not so Little Anymore


Where did this past year go? I have been making an honest attempt at organizing our pictures of Lola over the past couple days. I can't believe how much she has grown over the past 10 1/2 months! It amazes me that she went from being completely helpless to totally helping herself to whatever she can get her hands on! As we approach the 11 month mark, I cant help but look back and try to remember what she was like. Sometimes I wish so badly that she were just a little bundle again. I miss wrapping her up and carrying her in my Moby Wrap. I miss seeing her cute shmooshy lips on her frequently napping face. I miss laying on the floor with her and not having to worry about her getting into things! Then again, everyday brings new joys, and laughter , and new lessons of patience. Which is a good thing for me! Lola has taught me that I don't need to constantly try to be the "put together" mom. She teaches me to be silly and not take things so seriously. I love her. I love her so much, in fact, that I am really tempted to wake her up so she can hang out with me...but I won't! I can't believe how much of a little girl she is now. Her features have changed so much that when I look back on her pictures from only a couple months ago I sometimes feel like I am reminiscent of another child. And I think that it will continue to feel like that as she continues to grow.


No comments: