Saturday, April 10, 2010

Humbled

I'm just about finished with my first week at Zuda Yoga. I have to say that it has been an eye opening experiece for me. I knew that I needed to give back to myself in some way because I have been feeling a little lost and a little thin...not in the body type although one day that again will be nice, but more in the worn out way. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I am not in any means complaining, I just feel like if I'm going to be the best mom possible, I need to be the most open, willing, and free woman possible.

I must be honest, I have been feeling like I don't know who I have become and like the me from the past is almost unrecognizable. I feel like I have lost my independence and lost my drive. So to yoga I went. It has been the most incredible hour and thirty minutes 3x a week. Each class begins in an 87 degree room and roughly 30-40 sweaty bodies....you can imagine the moisture in the air. Before you know it you are litterally dripping and in the worst-best pain. 

It is such a great experience because it is about me. For the 1hour and change class, there is No Lola, No Pieter, No housework, No TV....nothing to distract me from my postures and my Ujjayi, or breath. I feel like with each class I go to I begin to learn more and more about myself. I begin to push my boundaries, break down my walls, and open my heart up to new possibilities. It has been really liberating. I told Pieter just today that I felt very humbled when class was over, kinda like I walked in with expectations of how well I would do today. Our instructor kicked our butts, but not in the way that would make me want to never return. I'm anxious about going again and gaining my strength.

At the beginin of class our instructor also told us, as we were all in childs pose, to think about all of our loved ones around us and to dedicate that workout to them. I didnt really think too much of it then, but as i write this I think back on how I already feel like I have changed. I know that continuing my journey at Zuda will help me discover the woman I am to become. It's a celebration of self- and thats okay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!