Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Packing Up

The very real reality that we are moving in a matter of days has finally set in. Our apartment needs sorting and packing; some type of cleanse even, ridding us of the random junk we've acquired over the three years (give or take) we've lived here. I'm kicking it into high gear, abandoning my sit and be frame of mind, anxious about getting into our new home. I'm not overwhelmed, though. I've got this little girl on my side. She's great at packing boxes.
We make a great team, this girl and me. She pulls down items from shelves, and hands them to me. I compliment on how wonderful of helper she is and she responds, "You're elcome." Sweet girl.
This little love nest has been kind to us, the place we've called home. Comfortable, convenient, and cozy; just right in a Goldie Locks kinda way. As we box up the last three years of our lives, stumbling upon memories, I realize how far we've come. I'll miss this little place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you as you pack up and move! I think moving is so stressful. When my parents moved this year I got them movers because I didn't want anyone to be stressed with lifting heavy things and organizing the craziness! I hope your move goes well. Your little packing partner is the CUTEST thing around!

Moments and Impressions said...

What a beautiful little helper. Happy moving.