Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Luckiest Girls In Town

I always wondered what it would be like to celebrate Father's Day with the man I was going to spend my life with and our sweet little child[ren]. I often wondered if it would be the relaxing day where I would wait on him hand and foot, preparing his favorite meals, watching movies, and snuggling. Our day was that and more! The weather was absolutely wonderful. It was breezy and warm, and the sunshine felt so good on our skin. We spent the day relaxing and enjoying each other. I am continually recognizing how fortunate I am. I am blessed to be with a man who sees me for who I am, all flaws aside, who has an unconditional love for his girls. He is the most caring and fun person I have ever known. I wish that I could put into words how truly wonderful Pieter has been to me and how amazing he is with Lola. I never imagined loving him more than I did...until Lola came along. She brings out a side in him that I have never seen before. She has brought back that passionate little twinkle that drew me to him years ago! I appreciate him more and more everyday, and only wish that I were able to express it to him in more ways than just my attempted words. Happy Father's Day, Babe! I love you!

2 comments:

sherry said...

It's so sweet to read that you know how fortunate you are. I'm lucky to have your family in my life, too.

Pete said...

My "twinkle" got a little more shiny when I read this. I love you too.