Friday, August 28, 2009

May I Introduce To You, Mr. Mom...


I recently started back at work a week ago. Up until the big day i was Mama-Extraordinaire... and by that i mean, i wore the Mom pants. I must say i was a little apprehensive about leaving Lola with Pieter for longer than the usual hour here and there. So his first on Daddy shift with her was disastrous. Lets just say that on a scale from 1-10, it was about an 8 or a 9. i have been working early morning shifts also, and usually i get a number of texts about her being awake, being too noisy, being fussy, not eating, smiling too much.... all which apparently bugged him. On Thursday i was working and realized it was the normal text cry for help time. So i initiated it just to see how things were and i got no response. i continued to text and text and i finally got a response. Pieter said that they were fine. When i got home he was holding her and she was fine! There were no tears that day. Pieter is turning out to be an amazing father! I can tell by his interactions with her that he is enjoying the one on one time with Lola and i think she is enjoying it also. It is interesting to see her different personalities with each of us. I feel like she gives each of us the same love, but gives us different kinds of love. She is more playful and smiley with Pieter and more snugly with me. Nevertheless, we love our daughter and we are loved by her. I am so proud of our little family. I am so proud to be the mother of an amazing, garbanzo bean faced, funny little girl. I am so proud to be with a man who loves and cherishes his daughter so much.

No comments: